Long are the days...but short are the years.

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Does anyone know...

...how to have a garage sale without ACTUALLY having a garage sale?

I'm trying to clean up and out--which means my "giveaway" box is becoming very full. I can't help but think that it would be nice to sell some of this stuff, some that is in really great condition. I think this every time I clean like this. But I've never had a garage sale because it seems like a lot of hassle and work, though the thought of extra cash is motivating. I'm tempted to keep it all and to plan a garage sale more "in season" (summer), but I also dislike the thought of a bunch of stuff just sitting around when someone else could be using it.

Have any of you all had a garage sale?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Elisa,
It would probably be beter to wait until Spring. Just find a corner of the basement and anytime you find something, add it to the collection. I have also found that it might be better to find someone in town that you could combine your things and have the sale in town. Sometimes a church or organization might have a sale during the winter - you could donate everything.
Connie

... said...

I love garage sales but the last time I had one, my neighbors got mad, go figuer {shrug}. Anyway, have you tried ebay or craigslist? I sometimes just donate the most of it and get it back at tax time. Saves a ton of headache.

melissa said...

If you do have a sale, try having a "25¢" table, "50¢" table, a "$1", etc. instead of individually pricing everything. That took a lot of the hassle out of the garage sale I had a few years back.

Craig's List is good, too.