I didn't know anything about "baby wearing" with my first child. This whole realm of soft baby carriers was opened up to me when I was pregnant with Mari. It was good timing. I needed a hands-free way to carry a baby so I could still tie Joshy's shoes. I ended up being completely sold on the idea and carried Mari around all the time, even once Joshy got Velcro shoes. I loved having Mari so close all the time, knowing she was alright and being able to kiss her sweet head whenever I felt so inclined (which was a lot). I could go on and on, but suffice to say, carrying another baby was something I had looked forward during this past pregnancy. Now I get to!
This was my first and still favorite carrier--an Ellaroo mei tai. I called it a mai tai for a long while until my friend Jan helped me out with the pronunciation. My mom and sister still tease me about that. This is Sophia's first time in a carrier. She fell asleep.

This is my Zolo ring sling. I'm still not sure about it; I got it when Mari was 18 months, so I've never used it for an infant. So far, Sophia seems to prefer it, but only tummy to tummy, not cradle carry. I'm surprised at how comfy it is.

I love being able to do other things while still having Sophia close. She falls asleep to me playing piano. Today I carved a whole chicken with her sleeping in a carrier.

And the baby girl that started it all...

...is now enjoying baby carriers in a different way!
4 comments:
Oh cute! I love that Mariella has her very own baby carrier!
Precious! I miss those days.
Dina
i LOVE it! You know, I picked up a peanut shell sling at BabiesRus and I LOVE it. My Mei Tei is too big for Kayin right now, because I made it for Mia when she was 18 months. I digress, but I love the pictures. Look at Lella! What a cutie!
Yep, can't wait for baby wearing again. I can't still wear Amanda on my back, but I can't breathe when she's on front.
The Zolo is really beautiful.
Love you,
Katie
Post a Comment