Long are the days...but short are the years.

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

FRIENDS!

We have been so blessed to have a family here in Appalachia land that became quick and close friends. Amber, if you remember, helped us out with Sophia's birth. This family goes to the same church we do, has children about the same ages we do, and homeschools, like we do. Amber and Eric co-coached Joshy's tee-ball team (Amber's daughter Savannah was on the team as well).

Lately, they've been coming here to play, sometimes with all four of her kids and sometimes with just the two youngest girls. Summer is such a wonderful time for friends!

Mari and Gloria are like peas in a pod. Gloria is six months older than Mari. I love their conversations in their little, funny voices. And they are very much alike, in challenging, yet delightful ways, if you know what I mean. Gloria is Mari's first friend who is not also Joshy's friend. I mean, the girls are just friends apart from their siblings. Does that make sense?
This is Gloria and Mari at a tee-ball game. They have just discovered that they can color their nails with markers. I left the field with green toenails. Very lovely.
Joshy is between Hayden and Savannah in age, but hangs out more with Savannah, probably because they were in tee-ball together.
They are working on building a house in our yard. I'm pretty impressed with their progress, and I'm anxious to see what they'll do next. They are talking about a second level.
Do you see all four kids on the couch? They were all content to snuggle together and look at books while Amber and I prepared lunch. We hated to disturb them to come and eat.

1 comment:

Connie said...

Did I see Warner Excavating on Joshy's t-ball shirr? Maybe Eric could contact them about the driveway - a little grating and gravel??