It is so much easier to have a good attitude about your husband working on a weekend holiday when it's not actually that day yet.
It is so much harder when everywhere we go people are asking my kids if they are excited to go to the parade and the fireworks, and they look at me with excitement in their eyes and I have to tell them, sorry, pumpkins, I can't take all three of you alone and Daddy has to work...
...and not to mention that Mama has to get everything ready for a two week vacation that we are hoping to leave for the very first morning Eric has off (as in, he is working through Wednesday and we are planningg to leave early morning Thursday).
This whole plan looked a lot better on paper about a month ago. Now that it's Saturday and Eric's at work until who-knows-when (he told me he'd be home between 5:00pm and 10:00pm) and I'm supposed to be getting things in order to leave for our two week vacation (that includes two days of driving to get there) all while caring for three little over-excited and over-tired children (not to mention trying to finish some school stuff* before we go), I wonder...
What. Were. We. Thinking.
Apparently, we weren't. So pray for us...we need it already.
*Joshy is done with kindergarten, but we skipped the "summer vacation" and started right into first grade last May. Why? Because with a baby coming in the fall, we know we'll need the time off then.
No comments:
Post a Comment