Sunday was as beautiful as the other days. We enjoyed getting to go to church with Heidi and Ryan and worshiping our wonderful Lord Jesus all together. It is so great to see not only where people live, but where they go to church. We enjoyed meeting people they know and sharing this part of their life with them.
When we got to the house, it was back to the business of playing outside. Now Heidi has a very warm and welcoming home, but it wasn't until I looked back at all these pictures that I realized how little we were actually inside. But for us, a great weekend includes spending hours in God's creation, which is what we did. In fact, I don't even have pictures of all the time we spent catching frogs by their pond or swimming in the lake across the street (a sweet neighbor let us use her beach; it sprinkled while we were there, but that was the only inclement weather we had, and it didn't stop us from getting into the water to swim).
I do have a picture of the long driveway the children (and Eric) endlessly raced up and down on.

Though the kids wanted to bring their bikes, all we could fit were scooters. Those worked well!
And I just get such a kick out of these two little buddies. Their friendship really blossomed over the weekend!



In that last photo, Sophia is "fixing" her bike, mimicking something her Uncle Ryan just did.


Even amid the hustle and bustle of the weekend, Lydia got a chance to snuggle with everyone. I can't believe I didn't get a photo of Ethan or Nolan holding Lydia, as they both seem to just love her and often are asking to hold her or pet her. I love their enthusiasm over their babygirl cousin! But I didn't get any photos of it. I did get this great one of Lydia and her Uncle Ryan in a rare moment where he was sitting down and relaxing.

Right before we left, Heidi let us pick some veggies from her garden to take home. Sophia decided she wanted a bell pepper for the road.

She was so excited about getting to pick it all by herself that she couldn't wait to eat it. Literally.

Thanks for the great weekend, Heidi and Ryan! Three cheers for our country cousins!
1 comment:
Looks like so much fun! I just learned yesterday that Heidi lives so near us. For whatever reason, I couldn't respond to the comments on my last post, but wanted to assure you that, yes, you all are in the non-freak group. And honestly, I don't know that there really is a "freak" group, per say. :) Shandy about fell over when I told him that I said that! Semantics matter, you know. Anyway, enjoy the lovely fall weather...here much earlier for you this year!
Post a Comment