Long are the days...but short are the years.

Saturday, December 8, 2012

Two Months!

Hard to believe our Ruthie Joy is two months old already.  Like Joshy says, "Time goes by faster and faster the older you get."  That's right!  Long are the days, but short are the years (and months, it seems).

At two months Ruthie Joy weighs 12 lbs 10 oz and is 24 inches long.  That makes her our second heaviest and second tallest (Mari still holds the record for the heaviest and tallest at 12 lbs 15 ozs and 24.5 inches-if you want to see how she compares to the other children, click on this post about Lydia at 2 months).  She is a complete JOY and graced us with her first giggles this week.  She also is ticklish, but only when she is overtired.  She really loves her siblings to speak to her and she will talk back to anyone who talks to her.  Like her sisters, she is a smiley baby and loves to nurse.  She sleeps with us at night, but I get good rest so I know she must be sleeping well.  She hates, and I mean HATES, her car seat, just like Lydia did.  She also can not get the hang of a pacifier, which I had hoped would help her in the car.  Her hair is just fuzz, but seems to be more dark than light.  She had her first bout of illness this past month and weathered it without much fussing.  Her tear duct is still closed, so she gets goopy eyes, but again, no fussing about it, except when I have to clean it.  She likes her baths, but hates to get out of then (cold, probably).  She has these amazing burps that can be heard through the house, but she is my least spitty baby so far (yay for less laundry!).   

Here are some pics:

Happy to be 2 months old!  She smiles so easily.
Even though she rarely gets in traditional "tummy time" since she rarely gets set down anywhere, she apparently has no trouble getting her head up.
The very few times we do set her down, it's usually because I want her to learn to sleep but don't want to carry her.
(Yes, I know she is on her tummy, but she seems to sleep well like that.  And she sleeps in the kitchen, so there are people around constantly to make sure her face is not covered.  In fact, there are people (sisters) around her so constantly that rarely does she last long in here before someone comes along and "checks on her" which inevitably wakes her up.  We're working on a better set up.  I have also had her sleeping on her side and back.)

Up until this point, usually she has taken naps like this:
And I love love love to wrap nap my babies, but sheesh...almost 13 pounds?  There comes a time my back needs a break.  I'm human.  If she was my only, then I would happily nap with her, or sit down to read a book while she wrap napped, but as I am on my feet a lot with the other four, I need to be able to set her down.  Part of growing up, I guess, sniff, sniff.

But we are so very happy she is so healthy and growing so well!

3 comments:

fruitful vine said...

Elisa, Ruth looks so big!!! I love all the sweet pictures. You make the wrap look so easy, but can you do it with two??? I couldn't even get the hang of it with one. Miss you all so much!

e&e said...

Amber,
I had a great teacher, who happens to be my cousin, so maybe it runs in the family. That along with the fact that I am Peruvian and most native Peruvians carry their babies in wraps all day, I guess I could say baby-wearing is in my blood!

See this link to see my cousin Katie not only using a wrap, but doing it to carry two of her babies!
http://mikeandkatie1.blogspot.com/2010/05/todays-workout.html

elisa

Kelly said...

What a doll:) They do grow quickly don't they! Holding a baby is a lot more fun than pretty much anything else you could be doing...enjoy it while it lasts!!
You should get a t-shirt made "baby wearing is in my blood"..Funny:)