After saving and planning for two years, we FINALLY made good on our word and bought an outside playset for the kids. They call it "The Park", as in, "Can I go play at The Park?" Last week a very nice man came to install it. It was quite a show. It only took him two hours, but then again, he is a professional with 16 years of experience.
The kids couldn't take their eyes off it. First he carried down everything piece by piece. The kids announced each one: "He has the slide! He has the swing!"
Though it was naptime, we of course had to go play on it right away. But not before we prayed! We want this addition to be a place of blessings, not bruises. And we are very thankful to have it so we of course had to say thank You to our Provider God!
On to playing! I was surprised Lydia mastered this ladder in no time at all. It eases my mind that she can handle herself so well.
And in just a little more time, she mastered this one as well!
Mari was most excited about the "trapeze" bar. It was the first thing she tried. But it became clear rather quickly that it needed to be adjusted (Eric took care of it right away-thankfully, the adjustments are easy and require no tools!).
I took this photo from the house. One of the best things is that I can see the park so easily from all the back windows.
Good Daddy he is Eric took a moment out from playing to "baby-sit" for Lydia.
It was darling to see Lydia be a "little mama" and push her dolly on the swing. I thought for sure she would get hit in the face, but she didn't even come close.
Mari is our most daring child. Thankfully, she is very strong and tough as well. Still, I sometimes wish she wasn't so creative with her play.
The tire swing is definitely a favorite for all, including Eric who likes to spin all the kids on it. He gave them a good ride, then made them all try to run across the backyard. To our surprise, the only one who had any real trouble was Lydia, who took a few steps straight, a few steps sideways, and then fell laughing.
One of my favorite parts is that we got a set sturdy enough for even Eric and I to use the swings. No pictures, but we both had a great time, too!
3 comments:
Awesome!!! Love your backyard! Good for hour and hours of fun and memories! A great investment!
It looks great!
That is Awesome!!
Post a Comment