Long are the days...but short are the years.

Thursday, October 1, 2009

Zubbles!

My dear big brother Ben is always on the lookout for new, inventive toys to share with us. He always seems to find the obscure-yet-fun things no one else has ever heard of. Or dreamed of. The latest? Zubbles! They are colored bubbles. He ordered them about three years ago, and they just came on the market this past summer. And he sent some to us!

So on a lazy late summer evening, while Sophia was asleep and the boys were at football practice, Mari and I broke out the Zubbles. And by "broke out", I mean "opened and spilled all over our hands and pajamas".
But no worries, since the product claims that the dye is safe, will not stain, and will magically disappear when exposed to air. Were they right? We were delighted to find out that this was really true!
Without wiping or scrubbing or anything, the dark ink just sort of faded away before our eyes. And once we realized that magic, Mari was less interested in blowing bubbles and more interested in spilling on herself and watching it disappear.
I was more interested in staring at this scene. I was in awe of God's beauty.
It was so peaceful. I took about twenty photos of this. Want to see them all??? I didn't think so. Anyway...

Just as it was getting dark, Joshy and Eric came home. Joshy was so excited to try the Zubbles, and he was a lot more interested in blowing the bubbles than spilling them.
Out came bright, blue bubbles! It was really awesome. And if I was a Photoshop whiz and had more time, I'm sure I could make some fascinating photos. As it is, we were content to be fascinated just this night.
Joshy used up nearly the entire bottle just blowing blue bubbles and chasing them. And Mari did use up her entire bottle (and some of Joshy's) doing what she liked. You guess it...spilling.
I didn't know Zubbles would be so versatile, but I did know they would be a lot of fun.

Since it was past Sophia's bed time, she didn't get to join in the fun. However, she's already practicing her blowing for next time (she's already a proficient spiller).
Thanks for the good times, Uncle Ben! We just wish you could have joined us.

2 comments:

andrea said...

Those are so fun!!

(And your photo of the sun/trees/wagon is beautiful -- what a great moment captured.)

Shebee said...

Shianna would love those! I hope we see them in the store next summer. Say "Hi" to Ben for us.