Long are the days...but short are the years.

Friday, April 23, 2010

Breakfast in Bed!

You won't believe what these two did for me today.
They brought me breakfast in bed! With no suggestion from me or Eric, and with no help from anyone, they prepared a lovely breakfast of a bagel with cream cheese and orange juice (this is one of my favorite breakfasts). Then they carried it upstairs on a tray (a lid of a bin). They were so excited, and I was completely surprised.

Sophia had been doing this,
so I was taking advantage and sleeping in a bit after a rough week. Joshy had come to my bed already and asked if he could get Mari up and get them something to eat while I slept a bit longer. I didn't see any harm in it, knowing Sophia would probably wake up soon anyway. But I didn't expect to be so blessed!

(About the photos...they are old, but I had wanted to share them. Joshy is dressed for church; I can't believe how old he looks. Mari is loving on the pink rose she got from her Daddy for Valentine's Day. Sophia actually doesn't sleep in this crib anymore...she kept chewing on to the point that chunks of wood were missing, so she sleeps in a pack-and-play now. And yes, she's still sleeping in our closet.)

1 comment:

Mike and Katie said...

How sweet! They are the best!