Long are the days...but short are the years.

Friday, May 28, 2010

Talking Tidbits of Sophia Pearl

I can not get over how verbal Sophia is, and how fast she is growing up. I would love to get some of her talking on video, but whenever she sees the camera, she just puts on her cheesy grin and won't stop.

So here's some tidbits of her talking I'd like to share. Mostly, I'd just like to remember forever.

We regularly read a multi-lingual book to her, and today, she pulled out the book, turned to the first page, which has a photo of a duck, and said, "El-oh duck. Oh-lah pa-toh." That's exactly what it said.

The other day she was upstairs with me when we heard the door to the garage open and close. She turned to me and said, "Zos-zee (Joshy) go a-side(outside)? I do, I do!" She loves being outside, and many times when I take all the children, I'll ask, "Who wants to go outside?" Of course, the older two reply with "I do!", so now that's what Sophia says when she wants something.

When I get her in the morning (and by the way, she really is Miss Suzy Sunshine in the morning), she nearly always says this to me: "El-oh, Mama. Daddy at woe-ck (work). Yesh. Two bankies (blankies). Up, Mama." And waits for me to pick her and her two blankies up.

When I put her down for a nap, just as we are about to go into her room (closet), she yells, "Lella! Lella! Pat butt!" Mariella normally comes in and pats Sophia's bottom while we both sing to Sophia.

When she gets the delightful privilege of talking to someone on the phone, she will say, "El-oh, Papa (for example). Bay-show, bay-show (beso is Spanish for kiss)! Ug! Ug! (hug)." Then she will kiss and hug the phone. Sometimes, when she's done, she'll add, "Bye-bye! See ou ay-toh!"

Whenever she says a statement, she likes to reaffirm herself. For example, "Daddy pay back-a-ball (play basketball). Yesh, yesh," as she nods her head.

But my absolute favorite? Just as I'm about to put her down to sleep, she hugs me tight with her whole little body, then says, "Bay-show, Mama? Mama? Bay-show?" I kiss her and tell her I love her, and she says, "Of ou, Mama." (Love you, Mama.)

Sigh. Sometimes I feel like being a mama is next to heaven.

1 comment:

Mike and Katie said...

I wish I would pay more attention and remember the funny ways Amand says things. The only one I can think of is the way she says "you." It more like "loo." So we hear, "Lie 'ove loo." Instead of "I love you."