Long are the days...but short are the years.

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Gearing Up to Wind Down...

I have less than two weeks until Baby Buckeye's due date! Yikes!

Here's a random update:

-We did get a car seat. We went with a Graco Snugride. We realized that the lighter seat would be best for me, and that though it doesn't have all the features, we've been working with car seats for seven years, so I'm pretty comfortable with a seat that may be a tad more difficult to adjust. Also, we realized Sophia will need a new car seat soon enough, so there was no reason to buy a seat with a higher weight limit. The whole ordeal was rather complicated; I'm glad it's over (at least until Sophia needs her new seat).

-We have all the major supplies, and most minor ones, ready and organized for the birth. I feel ten times more prepared for this birth than I did for Sophia's. I don't know if it's just that this is to be our second homebirth (Lord-willing!) or that since we don't have Christmas mixed in, things seem calmer (Sophia was born the day after Christmas).

-The girls' room is all painted and organized. They are spending their first night in it together tonight. They are both ridiculously excited. I'm a bit sad, but trying to be pragmatic about it. Sophia has lived in our room since her birth.

-We have no names yet. None of our little ones had a set name at birth, but this time we don't even have a top ten list.

-We have just a few homeschooling things to finish before our Baby break. Joshy (and his teachers) didn't get any sort of break between kindergarten and first grade in anticipation of needing a break in the fall. It feels great to be just where we need to be in respect to our school planning.

-I feel great being this pregnant. Yes, I have my days of achy hips and tiredness, but compared to the first twenty weeks (where I am severely nauseous day and night and deliriously tired), this is wonderful. I love to feel the baby kick and move and wiggle. I know my pregnancy days with this one are so limited, so I cherish these moments. Also, after losing three babies in early pregnancy, I know getting to this point is no gimme, and I know that to get here again means going through a lot. I'll enjoy this while it lasts!

But last long it won't. My "official" due date is October 22nd. Joshy was five days early. Mari was three days late. Sophia was a whole week early. So this one? God only knows, but no matter what, a birth day is coming soon...please pray for us!

5 comments:

Yvette said...

Our Snugride is old, but we've always liked it. It sounds like you're all ready. Hooray for your upcoming baby! I'm so glad your last trimester is going well. I will be praying for you.

tiffany said...

Josie's due date was Oct 22 as well (last year of course:). She came on the 20th!

Lace said...

I keep checking in constantly waiting to read about your newest baby. The Gonzales Family has been sending you love and prayers for an easy and short labor and smooth delivery.

melissa said...

Elisa!! I have some baby outfits for you that I've had since JULY and haven't sent yet!! ARGH! I will mail them tomorrow!!!

I am so excited for your next homebirth. I'm glad you love your midwife and that you feel prepared. I felt better with my 2nd homebirth too - knew what to expect and how to prepare better. Can't wait to hear about it!! =]

Clementine's birthday is October 22nd...I have another dear friend who's little girl is an October 22nd too...is is weird that I'm praying for your little one to come on that day?! You've had late and early, how about one ON their due date?? Anyway, I think that would be fun. =] Not that it matters when I think your baby should be born, lol.

Please post your birth story as soon as you possibly can. I am living vicariously through all my friends who are having babies right now since I sadly do not have another one on the way yet and my "baby" is almost ONE. =]

I miss you, friend!!

Mike and Katie said...

Yeah, after all our discussions about carseats I took a good look at Tali the next time she was in hers and realized that she'll be outgrowing it within the next month or so. So will last us about eight months. I'm pretty sure we'll just be buying another Radian because that will last us until she's 80 lbs.