Long are the days...but short are the years.
Thursday, January 30, 2014
Books and BB Guns
When we finished our home repair jobs last month, we ended up rearranging much of the living areas of our house. One change was to create a "cozy corner" dedicated more to books. It's so great to see it being used and enjoyed.
And I really love the added touch of the elephant riding the horse. I don't know who did that, but I love coming across things like this. And I love that Ruthie is getting to the age where she is beginning to enjoy books. She still will not usually sit through an entire story willingly, but she loves to sit and page through books on her own. She loves to bring them to a parent or older sibling (even Lydi sometimes), plunking herself onto a lap, and waiting for the book to begin. Granted she lasts about three pages before she tried to slam it shut on your thumb, it is still sweet. Sometimes she will just want to turn every page, and so I try to speed-read to get as much as the story into her as I can.
Soon enough she'll be like the rest of her family that could read for hours and hours (or until Daddy falls asleep mid-sentence).
Mari was gifted with a pink BB gun for Christmas. She was thrilled, and so was Joshy who welcomed a shooting partner. I was so touched that rather than tossing the box into the recycling bin, she thought to cut out the two pictures of BB guns and give them to her sisters. They loved it.
She said Ruthie was too little for even a cardboard gun as she would have just chewed on it (I agreed).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment