Long are the days...but short are the years.

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Ethical Dilemma

I have this very adorable and soft pink baby sweater.

I would put it on Sophia, but...
I am just so uneasy with buttons on baby clothes, especially when the baby is all into grabbing and sucking. Like Sophia is right now.

So my dilemma: What do I do with this sweater that I'm not going to use because I believe it's a choking hazard? Can I really, ethically speaking, pass it on to someone else? Despite it's nice-ness and expense, does it become doll clothes?

Thoughts?

6 comments:

Juan said...

hmmm try cutting the buttons off and putting a couple of velcro strips... might work.

Our Family said...

Cut the buttons off, and add a ribbon that you can pull through the button holes. It will make it cute with bows and not a choking hazard! :)

Mike and Katie said...

Send it back to me! I'm wasn't worried about it! But the cute bows are a good idea, too. I can do that, too. I loved that sweater.

Mike and Katie said...

I have to admit I was a little worried you were zooming on a formula stain I may have left behind and that you were writing about the ethical dilema of asking your cousin to buy you a new sweater because she wrecked yours. Phew! I'm glad is was just about buttons!

Katy said...

I agree...just take the buttons off.

Loukia said...

I was just going to say... take off the buttons and put in velcro!