Long are the days...but short are the years.

Saturday, April 25, 2009

Park Season

I definitely have to agree with Katie that one of the best parts of warm weather is park play. It's harder to find good parks here than it was in MN, but when we do, it's well worth the stop.
Mari is a little too adventurous for my taste, but thankfully, she also has good balance and a good grip. I didn't get any good photos of her "daring feats" though; I was too busying spotting her (you know, putting my arms out in case she should fall)!
Joshy brought along his police car to zoom around and race down the slide. The car won.
This particular park has some great tunnels, which Mari loved.
Of course, she's always loved tunnels. And I prefer her in the safety of tunnels to the danger of climbing on top of them.
I don't have to look far to find out where my little ones get their love for parks.
I guess Eric needed to have a little fun after being cooped up day in and day out at work. And speaking of work...
...this park is actually on the campus of Eric's work. It's very convenient for meeting Daddy for lunch (which is what we were doing).

4 comments:

Mike and Katie said...

Fun! Lunch park dates with Daddy! That's something to look farward to this summer!

Mike and Katie said...

The picture of Eric's work looks like a reconnicense photo of a secret lab!

Jacque said...

Elisa, I think that if you are nervous about how adventurous Mari is you should just bring the bike helmets to the park.

Dustin and Rachel said...

You may have to make a trip to New Zealand just for the parks...they had some amazing ones. And yes, I did play at a few of the better ones. Unfortunately, we don't have any pictures either...Rachel was also too busy spotting me while I tried to run around the slanted merry-go-round thing without falling on my head.

Dustin