Long are the days...but short are the years.

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

A Day of See You Laters

My best friend here left today. Rose is headed to Minneapolis with her husband and sweet little girl. We had the awesome pleasure of having them here for the past few days as they packed their house and got everything ready to leave. Though it was clearly God's plan for them to leave, and though I know they were looking forward to being closer to family, I am struggling with not feeling sorry for myself and my family. Rose and her family were who we spend holidays with when we couldn't get back to MN. Rose was who came to check on me when I didn't answer the phone one too many times when I was sick and pregnant. It was Rose's house that I showed up at rather late one night just to talk and get out a good, girly cry.

Kinda like the one I'm having right now, only Rose isn't here to share it with.

Anyway, a big part of the ache is that this darling little girl, whom Mari adores and whom Joshy referred to today as his "second baby sister", will be so different the next time we see her.
So all you lucky Minnesotans now have the pleasure of getting to know my friend Rose. She'll probably meet many of you at MOMS Downtown next week. She's truly a wonderful friend, a fun mom...and greatly missed.

No comments: