Since we've left Minnesota, Mariella has grown up.When we left, she was still sleeping in a crib, wearing a diaper (at least some of the time), and using a high chair. Now, of course, much is different, including her occasionally calling me "Elisa". Sorry, Mari, you'll never be that grown up.
Now she sits in either a booster seat or a regular chair. She has packed up all her diapers, night and day, for the next baby. And she sleeps in this:
Can you even see her in there? Somehow, having her in a big girl bed didn't make her seem older to me, but way littler since about ten of her could fit in it. We had actually bought a bunk bed and disassembled it, so that Joshy also has a new bed (he was much too big for his toddler size bed). Oddly, it was less expensive than buying just a single for him, and Mariella was delighted to get a brand new bed. This is the "top" bunk, which is why it has the guardrails. We were happy about that.And the transition? Couldn't have been more smooth. She has yet to get out when she shouldn't, although she did already fall out once. I'm not sure how. In the morning, I hear her saying this:
"I wake up. I get out of bed." (pause) "No, no get out of bed without MamaDaddy." (She often refers to us as one unit, which is appropriate, I think) "I get out all by myself?" "No, no. Wait for MamaDaddy." And she always does!
She loves her new butterfly sheets and her pillow. Oh how exciting that was for her! She was also thrilled to finally use her Glewwe quilt. Some dear friends of ours made a quilt like this for all the children in our Bible study as they were born. She has loved Joshy's quilt and is so excited to have her own to snuggle with, complete with pockets on one side. And she doesn't even mind that she sleeps in a pool of sweat due to the fact that the quilt is made of fleece and denim, and it's still 80-some degrees here.
And I have no idea how this trend came about, but yes, Mari sleeps with ALL of these snugglies. With Joshy, we've always held him to two or three, but somehow Mari got away with this. For her nap today, I, without her knowledge, removed two of them and piled the rest on as I tucked her in. Just as I reach the door, she sat up and said, "Mama? Where my dolly and baby?" How did she know?? I guess that bed just seems a bit too big without all her friends.
5 comments:
Just had to tell you I read your comments on "my charming kids" and about died at the "following the Amish mother to see what she bought". I would so do that in a heart beat! :)
Mari is such a responsible mama! She had to know where all her babies are. She's getting ready for a big family!
Love,
Katie
came to you via my charming kids...
girl, you had me rolling!!
but- not showering for 3 days is good for your skin. Sorry you have NEVER done that.;) That's my story and frankly, I have to stick to it!
And why the amish mother? btw- what did she buy?
Thanks for the laughs and for allowing me to stop in.
:)
Amie
www.heart-smiles.blogspot.com
btw- super sweet pics of her with all her little buddies! Life is always more fun with buddies around!
:)
Amie
My kids don't sleep with so many friends, but I know that Rachel's Ava does. They are alike.
Post a Comment