Long are the days...but short are the years.

Monday, September 8, 2008

Church Clothes

I just love this photo of Joshua and Mariella. It was taken just yesterday before we left for church. Joshy got to pick out his own clothes, and I was so pleasantly surprised when I saw that it wasn't basketball clothes! He did a great job, and even included a belt. Mari here is holding the things she picked out to bring to church. We said no. It's hard enough to parent her in the pew with just her Bible, paper, and a few crayons. I don't know what she would do with a wooden snake in church, but whatever happened, knowing Mari, I'm pretty sure we'd be asked to leave.

And for the record, Mari is happier here than she appears. I've stopped asking her to smile for photos since I never know what I'll get. Besides, I think this little forlorn look is endearing, as is the big brother's arm around her.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am amazed at how grown up they are both looking! How good of God to be giving you a new baby to hold...and two big helpers to love whoever it is in there!

melissa said...

This picture is just precious! Joshy's protective arm around his sister... sweet.

This goes with your previous post about homeschooling - another good post I read recently about considering homeschooling that I liked:

http://travels-in-cognition.blogspot.com/2008/09/thinking-about-it.html

Miss you guys!

melissa said...

oops. that's:

http://travels-in-cognition.blogspot.com

and the post called "thinking about it?"

tiffany said...

come on....a wooden snake is TOTALLY appropriate to have in church. :) where do you go to church now?

Hilary said...

I'm so glad you have a blog now! :) It's great to be able to see pictures and keep up with your family.
It sounds like you live in such a peaceful area. And I love that you share some things you took for granted but aren't anymore and the things you are focusing on being thankful for.
It's so true that we don't know what we have until it's gone (like Target...really? No Target around you??) I'll try to be more appreciative of the Target by me :) I do love it. But, what I'm really saying is that it's so good to put things in perspective and to be thankful for what we are given. Like, the huge backyard you guys have and being able to wake up to the sounds of crickets and just being with family!
Rich and I are house hunting, and the ones we like are farther away - so not close to Target etc. But, I'm trying to remind myself that it's about the family INSIDE the house that matters, not the stores around the house....ya know?
Ok, long comment :) I'm just glad you guys are doing well and I hope you continue to adjust quickly to your new home.
Take care!

Hilary