Long are the days...but short are the years.

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Sunday Pictures

Alternatively titled, in which I post very many photos of Sophia in nearly the same pose.

The last year we were in MN, we were both attending worship services and team leading a Sunday School class every Sunday morning. That meant we left our house around 8:15am in order to drive the 12 miles to church, set up the classroom, pray, check Mari in to nursery, and get settled into our seats before the service began at 9:00am. This year, we leave the house at 10:20am to arrive at church by 10:25am in order to get settled into our seats before the service begins at 10:30am.

Needless to say, our mornings are much less stressful now. Whereas in MN where I'd have to pack, among many other things, extra clothes and a lunch (we'd usually be at the church until 1:00pm), here, if I forget the diaper bag, it's usually not a big deal. Whereas in MN where we had to wake up at 6:30am in order to get everyone and everything ready, here we don't even set an alarm. Whereas in MN I was happy just to have the kids in clothes (meaning, not their jammies, er, at least not Joshy...Mari's jammies doubled as clothes more than once), here we have time to get dressed for church. And I mean, really get dressed nicely for church.

And we usually even have time for photos!
This dress was worn to Eric's and my wedding by my niece Megan. She passed it on to Mari, and now it's on to Sophia. It's a very special dress to me because of that.
For fun, here's a photo of Mari in the same dress.
Sometimes Joshy and Mari have time to play outside before we leave, although we usually regulate them to the deck so we can still take clean kids to church.
It's so great to see these two be such good friends.

And now for the Sophia photo montage.

This is the dress Mari wore when she was dedicated. The headband is from my friend Amber. The baby is from God.
And just to prove that Sophia doesn't always take such beautiful pictures...
...wait...yes, she does. It's her "Mama, I'm-so-sick-of-smiling-for-your-pictures-that-it's-becoming-painful look", and I think it's darling. Don't you?

4 comments:

Mike and Katie said...

fun! love the dedication dress. i need remember to get out Amanda's dress like mari's. it was little big a the beginning of summer.

Anonymous said...

I think Mari and Sophia look alot alike in the pictures with Megan's dress.
Connie

Lace said...

Is it me or does it look like Joshy and Mari are trying to choke each other while smiling for the camera?

All kids are adorable. But then, I suspect you knew that.

Lacy

melissa said...

Let me just say, I will be thrilled if we end up having another boy, because boys are a ton of fun. But oh my goodness - those pictures of Sophia are making me LONG for another girl to dress up! Grace is long past the days of letting me dress her, but I still have a couple of her special dresses that I would love to put on another daughter!

Yours are both SO adorable. Sophia's cheeks make me want to kiss them!