Long are the days...but short are the years.

Saturday, November 7, 2009

Great-Grandma and Grandma came to town! Day 3

Sunday was our lazy, recover-from-running-around day. After church, we were happily treated to pizza (thank you, Great-Grandma!). A mother always appreciates kitchen help! In fact, Eric and I are still lamenting the loss of such good kitchen help.
We think Sophia was trying to learn the job here, but she's got awhile before she can fly solo.

Great-Grandma spent a part of everyday writing. Aahhh...girl after my own heart! We were so thrilled to have a real "writer-in-residence" in our home.
Besides writing, Great-Grandma is also stellar at story telling. She had the children captivated with her many stories, both true and made-up. It especially helped those long meal times pass more quickly (Have you had the privilege of eating a meal with our children? You would then understand what I mean by "long meal times". I don't think the world has seen slower eaters since I was a child.).
And of course, reading. Bedtime stories are so special when shared with a grandma!

No comments: