My brother Ben, who flew in from Texas, racked up lots of playtime with his nieces and nephews. Here Ben is getting in some giggles with my sister Heathyr's baby Ashyr.
Long are the days...but short are the years.
Wednesday, November 25, 2009
Trip to MN-Day 6
Another day in northern Minnesota, another day of visiting family!
My brother Ben, who flew in from Texas, racked up lots of playtime with his nieces and nephews. Here Ben is getting in some giggles with my sister Heathyr's baby Ashyr.
We all went to visit with my grandma, who, just a few short months ago, was close to going home to Jesus. Through prayer and loving care from her family, she gained strength and pulled through. In November, she will turn 90!
I had to capture this random moment. Joshy was washing his hands in the same orange bathroom at my grandma's house that I remember washing my hands growing up. In fact, I remember distinctly when I was finally tall enough to reach that sink without standing on anything. I was so proud. I never dreamed I'd be watching my own son wash his hands there as well.
Later that night, some of us went bowling, so my parents graciously offered to stay home with the children. Apparently, Sophia had some trouble and woke up after we put her to bed. So my dad picked her up, sang to her, rocked her, and then joined her in her slumber. I especially love that my dad tucked in Sophia's little pink dolly with her. I hated to wake either of them up to put Sophia back to bed.
My brother Ben, who flew in from Texas, racked up lots of playtime with his nieces and nephews. Here Ben is getting in some giggles with my sister Heathyr's baby Ashyr.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment