Since I had also made a cake, and since we all seemed to prefer that one, Joshy's cake sat on the counter for awhile. I needed to get it out of the way, but hated to just toss my little son's creation, so I gave him and Mari each forks, told them to go outside, and let them eat cake for lunch. The rest went to the birds. To their credit, Joshy and Mari didn't eat too much of it. No tummy aches and a fun memory. Success all around!
Long are the days...but short are the years.
Tuesday, November 3, 2009
Joshy's Great Cake Experiment
Joshy asked for a cake for his birthday. More specifically, he asked to make his own cake for his birthday. Without a recipe, because he told us he had one in his head. And to our surprise, it turned out rather well! We all tried it. It was a bit on the sweet side, owing to the four cups of brown sugar and two cups of white that he insisted on.

Since I had also made a cake, and since we all seemed to prefer that one, Joshy's cake sat on the counter for awhile. I needed to get it out of the way, but hated to just toss my little son's creation, so I gave him and Mari each forks, told them to go outside, and let them eat cake for lunch. The rest went to the birds. To their credit, Joshy and Mari didn't eat too much of it. No tummy aches and a fun memory. Success all around!
Since I had also made a cake, and since we all seemed to prefer that one, Joshy's cake sat on the counter for awhile. I needed to get it out of the way, but hated to just toss my little son's creation, so I gave him and Mari each forks, told them to go outside, and let them eat cake for lunch. The rest went to the birds. To their credit, Joshy and Mari didn't eat too much of it. No tummy aches and a fun memory. Success all around!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Owen was inspired by this, and almost every day since we read this one he asked if *he* could do the same. So one day I let him go for it. With only a little guidance ("What ingredient do I use in almost everything I bake?" "Yes, flour. You're right. Yes, I think you should add some.") he turned out a rather edible cake. Not my favorite, but Daddy and the little ones sure plowed through it! And grandma got a few pieces over the week, too.
Ingredients included:
peanut butter
apple cider vinegar
cinnamon
cocoa powder
hot chocolate mix (two varieties)
chocolate chips (two sizes)
chopped up chocolate candy bar
marshmallows
baking powder (knew himself to put it in!)
raspberry wine vinegar
brown sugar
white sugar
cinnamon sugar
molasses
honey
corn syrup
eggs
milk
flour (toward the end)
raisins
oats
vanilla extract
lemon extract
It was quite the cake. Tell Joshy thank you for the idea. ;)
Post a Comment